Time is powerful and when it’s in business, it’s overpowering all other factors.
Survey says that around 53% of sites that took more than 3 seconds to load dropped down in rankings. Around 90% bounce rate were experienced by sites having 1 to 5s load time and 123% with even greater delay. Forget that, SEO company finds that over 79% of web shoppers hesitate/ avoid going back to such sites which have a mind-numbing and slow working process.
After all, in this fast pace world where network companies are advertising super strong internet connection and speed, it becomes truly upsetting to see such “Sisyphean” category websites (seems like it will never open). And from the time Google has managed to create mobile the aspiring and fresh candidate for ranking, it has been the necessity to balance content quality with page speed.
To make it understandable, loading speed is the amount of time taken by the site to deliver the complete result on the screen. And fortunately Google has also helped us with friendly apps where you can check the website’s performance. This then helps you know the room of gap that needs to be filled with the right techniques.
Why Google gives speed such importance?
Before you know the techniques to improve web performance, we open the good side of a faster loading page-
- Firstly and significantly, a faster site improves the user’s experience. (14% increase in page views)
- This gives a boost to organic search. (20%)
- A faster website’s performance increases the conversion rates. (7% to 12% better than slower sites)
- Also a part of the brand’s reputation depends on the loading speed. (Ranking increases by an average of two positions)
Want to rank, gain customers and earn sales? Make people happy and the first step to do so is the faster load speed. Why will a visitor stay on your site for 10 seconds or even 6 when they can get even better results in 1-2 seconds?
You’ll be amazed to know that a mobile site which loads in 5 seconds has double the ads revenue that the ones with 19 seconds. Page loading speed is the ‘no more hiding around bush’ concept for online businesses, meaning now people have to deliver the real and upfront features of them to stay top in the market.
1990s the internet time was often said as World Wide Wait. But unsurprisingly internet evolved and opened sources of technology to give an experience that users loved and fell for. Now, web developers and online market has to take advantage of these which they mostly overlook. They don’t know that they have just 5 seconds to engage the customers otherwise they would miss the chance forever.
Best Practices For Page’s Speed Performance
- You can stop this terror of slow page load by avoiding landing page redirects. These unnecessary redirects that take customers to another site with slightly different URL must be fixed. These cannot be completely put off but you can surely make user’s experience better with lesser delay.
- Another way is to minify the codes that your page has. Compress them through the right tools and get rid of the unused codes within the lines that take time to load the page.
- Also whenever you want to attract viewers with images, do it in a better format which is easily loadable not taking much of user’s time, like png and jpeg.
- Browser caching is good method to make loading hassle free for visitors who keep coming back on your sites.
- Improve server response time with fixing bottlenecks like slow queries, slow routing or lack of adequate memory.
What are you waiting for?
Website performance optimization should be top priority in SEO services. All SEO Companies always step forward to test the speed, know the optimization budget and analyse the delivery performance for the users to have excellent experience. Remember every time you shave off a load time, you are increasing the conversion rate which indirectly improves your ranking.
Keep learning more on SEO from the blog posts of Webplanners.
- 7 Important HTML Tags for SEO Success
- How To Optimise Your Website For Google SERP
- Top 5 Graphic Design Sites for Beginners